I had a wee bonus-prize contest at one of my quizzes last night where I asked teams to write down the very best fact they knew, with the winner to be judged on the “fact” that sounded more or less true and was the most entertaining.
Here is the list of what our teams came up with:
- Boiling water freezes faster than cold water.
- The Adelaide river is in the Northern Territory.
- The only male actor to play a woman in every film they made is Lassie.
- There are 239 beans in a tin of Heinz – just one more and they’d be 240.
- The main food ingredient in dynamite is peanuts.
- They can fit 2.6 billion transistors into a 22 nano-meter space, now powering our PCs.
- The Royal baby and Blue Ivy Carter are very distant cousins through French ancestors.
- The USA are the current holders of the Olympic Men’s Rugby gold medal.
- If you draw a circle around the outside of the Great Pyramid of Giza, then draw one inside as close to the [illegible] as possible, the difference in circumference lengths is equal to the speed of light.
- Hippos sweat their own suncreen. And it is red!
- The duck-billed platypus is the only venomous mammal in the world.
- The Mantis Shrimp can shut its claws so quickly it creates a sonic boom and stuns its prey.
- Rats can’t spew
- The Kimono Dragon has 2 penises and the female kangaroo has 2 vaginas.
- Kirkcaldy’s population is 52,000
What do you think was the winner?
For cheats and hints to win Dr Paul quizzes in Edinburgh, get the weekly email.